Monday, March 8, 2010

Phoenix Cry

I am the Multitudes
Rising from the ashes
To soar the skies for as long as time allows

I am the Mother,
Who slipped into one suit and peeled off the other,
Left hanging in the back of a closet,
Who learned she could don both in the same 18 year timespan
to find within herself again the difference between happy and coping.

I am the Invisible
Who disappeared behind a low-lying cloak called Self-esteem
Ran blindly toward extremes to feel anything
Who finally awoke grinning in the midst of genuine pleasure
to wonder when she had ever stopped laughing.

I am the Divorcee
Who wore Failure, Unloving and Unloved as his badges
And lived too long as what she said she saw in him
Who finally recalled that he’d once floated on Lovable
to a girl who slept beautiful beside him.

I am the Human Journey
The cyclic renewal

And I am the Phoenix
Who cries out from above to all those grounded
That they are not the ashes
and that they may rise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment