Monday, May 11, 2009

Mountain's Spring

These are the Dogwoods that grow in the mountains of Arrowhead Lake where we visited my mother last weekend for Mother's Day. This symbolizes a couple of different things I have wanted to improve upon, photography and the names of plants. I've always wanted to know the names of many different types of plants; to be one of those people who walks through a botanical garden and can call out the names of flowers and foliage from the top of my head. This is a Dogwood Tree.

As in photography, I am always drawn to rays of light creating patterns upon the lens of my camera. Also the sunbeams visually appearing through clouds and trees. Beautiful!
This flower... I am unsure of its name - perhaps someone out there can enlighten us... - but isn't the color purple amazing. So majestic and regal. I think purple is one of those overlooked colors sometimes. I don't see enough of it. My friend, Pam, is surrounded in it. Whenever I visit her I fall in love with the color all over again. She knows its feeling and purpose and I am always reminded again to appreciate it. Let's take a moment to celebrate Purple!
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment: